Quantum Computing News
- Arqit Announces Collaborations to Develop a Federated Quantum System for Satellite Quantum Key Distribution for Government Customers June 16, 2021The Federated Quantum Systems (FQS) will be a private instance of Arqit's QuantumCloud technology oriented for use by government customers who have more stringent requirements for control and require a separate system from those used by commercial customers. Countries that will participate in this system will include the UK, USA, Japan, Canada, Italy, Belgium, and […]
- Combining classical and quantum computing opens door to new discoveries June 15, 2021Researchers have discovered a new and more efficient computing method for pairing the reliability of a classical computer with the strength of a quantum system.
- Insulators turn up the heat on quantum bits June 14, 2021Physicists have long suspected that dielectric materials may significantly disrupt ion-trap quantum computers. Now, researcher have developed a new method to quantify this source of error for the first time. For the future operation of quantum computers with very many quantum bits, such noise sources need to be eliminated already during the design process if […]
- New combination of materials provides progress toward quantum computing June 14, 2021Engineers have demonstrated how, when the TMDC materials they make are stacked in a particular geometry, the interaction that occurs between particles gives researchers more control over the devices' properties. Specifically, the interaction between electrons becomes so strong that they form a new structure known as a correlated insulating state. This is an important step, […]
- QUTAC Consortium Formed in Germany to Develop and Promote Quantum Applications June 11, 2021Ten German corporations have come together to form the Quantum Technology and Application Consortium (QUTAC). The founding members include BASF, BMW Group, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bosch, Infineon, Merck, Munich Re, SAP, Siemens, and Volkswagen and have a goal to develop and promote the application of quantum computers for usable industrial applications. The group is looking for […]
- QUTAC Consortium Formed in German to Develop and Promote Quantum Applications June 11, 2021Ten German corporations have come together to form the Quantum Technology and Application Consortium (QUTAC). The founding members include BASF, BMW Group, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bosch, Infineon, Merck, Munich Re, SAP, Siemens, and Volkswagen and have a goal to develop and promote the application of quantum computers for usable industrial applications. The group is looking for […]
- IonQ Trapped Ion Computer Now Supported by Google’s Cirq June 11, 2021IonQ's trapped ion quantum computers already had support from many of the major quantum software development kits including IBM's Qiskit, Xanadu's PennyLane, Zapata's Orquestra, Strangeworks QC and others. The addition of Google's Cirq adds another one to the list. This will make it easier for software developers who are familiar with Cirq to utilize IonQ's […]
- KETS Quantum Security Raises a £3.1 Million ($4.4M USD) Series A Round June 11, 2021The funding round was led by Quantonation and Speedinvest with additional participation from Mustard Seed MAZE. KETS is a quantum security company developing chip-based Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) and Quantum Random Number Generator (QRNG) solutions. They are basing their solutions around an integrated photonics technology which they say will provide them with advantages in size, […]
- Qu & Co Reaches a Collaboration Agreement with Airbus June 10, 2021Qu & Co, a quantum software company based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, will collaborate with Airbus to investigate the use of quantum computers for flight physics simulations. This area is of particular interest to Airbus and was one of the five problem areas included in their Quantum Computing Challenge contest that they sponsored in 2019-2020. […]
- On Guilt June 10, 2021The other night Dana and I watched “The Internet’s Own Boy,” the 2014 documentary about the life and work of Aaron Swartz, which I’d somehow missed when it came out. Swartz, for anyone who doesn’t remember, was the child prodigy who helped create RSS and Reddit, who then became a campaigner for an open Internet, […]
- A Deeper Dive into the Honeywell Quantum Solutions / Cambridge Quantum Computing Merger June 10, 2021To find out more about the motivation, benefits, and opportunities of this newly announced plan to merge the two organizations, we talked with Tony Uttley, president of Honeywell Quantum Solutions and gained a few insights into the merger. The first thing he pointed out is that Honeywell Quantum Solutions (HQS) and Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC) […]
- Researchers create quantum microscope that can see the impossible June 9, 2021In a major scientific leap, researchers have created a quantum microscope that can reveal biological structures that would otherwise be impossible to see.
- More quantum computing popularization! June 8, 2021I now have a feature article up at Quanta magazine, entitled “What Makes Quantum Computing So Hard To Explain?” I.e., why do journalists, investors, etc. so consistently get central points wrong, even after the subject has been in public consciousness for more than 25 years? Perhaps unsurprisingly, I found it hard to discuss that meta-level […]
- Pasqal Receives €25 Million ($30.4M USD) in Series A Funding June 8, 2021The round was led by Quantonation and the Defense Innovation Fund, managed by Bpifrance on behalf of the Defense Innovation Agency (AID), with additional participation from Runa Capital, Daphni, Eni Next and including a previously announced commitment by the European Innovation Council (EIC) Fund. Paris based Pasqal is using neutral atom technology to develop analog and […]
- C12 Quantum Electronics Raises a $10 Million Seed Round June 8, 2021The funding was led by 360 Capital with additional participation from Bpifrance (Digital Venture Fund), Airbus Ventures, BNP Paribas Développement, and Octave Klaba (OVHcloud), and additional grants from Bpifrance and the Ile-de-France Region. Paris based C12 Quantum Electronics is developing a spin qubit quantum device based upon a carbon nanotube technology. They will be building […]
- Honeywell Quantum Solutions and Cambridge Quantum Computing Will Combine to From an Independent Company June 8, 2021Honeywell Corporation announced today that it is spinning off its Honeywell Quantum Solutions (HQS) division and HQS will merge with Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC) to form a new independent company that hardware and software quantum solutions to customers. Honeywell Corporation will retain a majority stake in the company and will also invest in it an […]
- Early endeavors on the path to reliable quantum machine learning June 8, 2021The future quantum computers should be capable of super-fast and reliable computation. Today, this is still a major challenge. Now, computer scientists conduct an early exploration for reliable quantum machine learning.
- Council for New Industry Creation through Quantum Technology Being Formed in Japan June 7, 2021Eleven Japanese companies known as the Founders Association met at the end of May and are planning to launch this summer a Council for New Industry Creation through Quantum Technology. The Council will promote the application of quantum technologies to the creation of new industries over the medium to long term in Japan. Personnel from […]
- New research enables non-line-of-sight quantum communication, imaging June 7, 2021Monday, June 7, 2021 Researchers have successfully transferred quantum coherence through photons scattered in free-space for the first time, enabling new research opportunities and applications in fields ranging from quantum communication to imaging and beyond.
- An atom chip interferometer that could detect quantum gravity June 4, 2021Physicists have created a quantum interferometer on an atom chip. This device can be used to explore the fundamentals of quantum theory by studying the interference pattern between two beams of atoms. Physicists describe how the device could be adapted to use mesoscopic particles instead of atoms. This modification would allow for expanded applications.
List of sources
Quantum Computers News — ScienceDaily https://www.sciencedaily.com/rss/…/quantum_computers.xml
MIT News – Quantum computing https://news.mit.edu/rss/topic/quantum-computing
Institute for Quantum Computing https://uwaterloo.ca/…/news.xml
quantum computing – News http://news.fnal.gov/tag/quantum-computing/feed/
Quantum Computing Report https://quantumcomputingreport.com/feed/
- Scott Aaronson https://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?feed=rss2
- Quantum World Association https://medium.com/feed/@quantum_wa