Quantum Computing News
- Simple mod makes quantum states last 10,000 times longer August 13, 2020A team of scientists has announced the discovery of a simple modification that allows quantum systems to stay operational -- or 'coherent' -- 10,000 times longer than before.
- Quantum researchers create an error-correcting cat August 12, 2020Physicists have developed an error-correcting cat -- a new device that combines the Schrödinger's cat concept of superposition (a physical system existing in two states at once) with the ability to fix some of the trickiest errors in a quantum computation.
- Quantum materials quest could benefit from graphene that buckles August 12, 2020Graphene buckles when cooled while attached to a flat surface, resulting in pucker patterns that could benefit the search for novel quantum materials and superconductors, according to new research.
- IQC researcher recognized for work in Quantum Information with CIFAR research program August 12, 2020Wednesday, August 12, 2020 Christine Muschik, assistant professor at the Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC) and the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Waterloo, has been selected as a 2020-2022 CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar.
- Building a Global Community for Women in Quantum August 11, 2020By Denise Ruffner, Cambridge Quantum Computing The Women in Quantum Event, hosted by OneQuantum brought together more than 650 people from 23 countries and 4 continents for 3 days of digital, women-led content to launch its Women in Quantum chapter, organized by Denise Ruffner, Chief Business Officer, of Cambridge Quantum Computing. Denise commented "This event establishes a […]
- MIT researchers lead high school educational initiative on quantum computing August 10, 2020“Qubit by Qubit” introduces high school students to quantum computing through a week-long summer camp and a year-long course.
- Grasshopper jumping on Bloch sphere finds new quantum insights August 10, 2020New research has (pardon the pun) put a new spin on a mathematical analogy involving a jumping grasshopper and its ideal lawn shape. This work could help us understand the spin states of quantum-entangled particles.
- U.S. Government and Industrial/Academic Partners Form a National Q-12 Education Partnership for Middle and High School Students August 5, 2020The U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) and the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) along with industrial, academic, and professional society partners Amazon Web Services (AWS), Boeing Co, Google, IBM, Lockheed Martin, Montana Instruments, Microsoft Corp, Rigetti, Zapata, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, University of Chicago, APS, IEEE, OSA, and SPIE have created […]
- Sustainable chemistry at the quantum level August 5, 2020Scientists are now using new quantum chemistry computing procedures to categorize hypothetical electrocatalysts that are 'too slow' or 'too expensive', far more thoroughly and quickly than was considered possible a few years ago.
- Blackjack: Can a quantum strategy help bring down the house? August 3, 2020Now researchers have shown that the weird, quantum effects of entanglement could theoretically give blackjack players even more of an edge, albeit a small one, when playing against the house.
- Can a quantum strategy help bring down the house? August 3, 2020Study finds quantum entanglement could, in principle, give a slight advantage in the game of blackjack.
- Contributor Program August 1, 2020The Quantum Computing Report, established in 2015, is the leading and most authoritative web site devoted to the quantum computing industry. Articles posted in the Quantum Computing Report have been referenced or quoted in major national and international media outlets including the Washington Post, CNBC, Forbes, Scientific American, The Economist, Nature Magazine, The Guardian, TechCrunch, […]
- Sharing a secret...the quantum way July 31, 2020Researchers have demonstrated a record setting quantum protocol for sharing a secret amongst many parties.
- U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) Weighs In on Post Quantum Cryptography (PQC) July 29, 2020In the aftermath of the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) selection of candidates for Round 3 of the PQC selection process, the NSA has posted comments on what types algorithms they are favoring for national security and commercial use cases. The NSA has reviewed the security of many of the algorithms and […]
- Scientists make quantum technology smaller July 29, 2020A way of shrinking the devices used in quantum sensing systems has now been developed.
- Healing an Achilles' heel of quantum entanglement July 29, 2020Researchers have solved a 20-year-old problem in quantum information theory on how to calculate entanglement cost -- a way to measure entanglement -- in a manner that's efficiently computable, useful, and broadly applicable in several quantum research areas.
- Simulating quantum 'time travel' disproves butterfly effect in quantum realm July 29, 2020Using a quantum computer to simulate time travel, researchers have demonstrated that, in the quantum realm, there is no 'butterfly effect.' In the research, information--qubits, or quantum bits--'time travel' into the simulated past.
- “Giant atoms” enable quantum processing and communication in one July 29, 2020Researchers devise an on-off system that allows high-fidelity operations and interconnection between processors.
- Solving materials problems with a quantum computer July 28, 2020Scientists have developed a method paving the way to using quantum computers to simulate realistic molecules and complex materials. They tested the method on a quantum simulator and IBM quantum computer.
List of sources
Quantum Computers News — ScienceDaily https://www.sciencedaily.com/rss/…/quantum_computers.xml
MIT News – Quantum computing https://news.mit.edu/rss/topic/quantum-computing
Institute for Quantum Computing https://uwaterloo.ca/…/news.xml
quantum computing – News http://news.fnal.gov/tag/quantum-computing/feed/
Quantum Computing Report https://quantumcomputingreport.com/feed/
- Scott Aaronson https://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?feed=rss2
- Quantum World Association https://medium.com/feed/@quantum_wa