Quantum Computing News
- Optical Society Names Chao-Yang Lu 2020 Adolph Lomb Medal Winner February 21, 2020Lu is recognized for significant contributions to optical quantum information technologies, especially on high-performance single-photon sources, ...
- Devs Is a Slow But Gorgeous Sci-Fi Meditation February 21, 2020... invites him to join "Devs," the super-secret division of the company developing mysterious applications of Amaya's quantum-computing technology.
- Hybrid Photonic Integrated Circuit Market Top key Players, Size, Share, Demand, Opportunities ... February 21, 2020Advanced report on Hybrid Photonic Integrated Circuit Market Added by DataIntelo.com, offers details on current and future growth trends pertaining to ...
- FNB takes a quantum leap in computing February 21, 2020Quantum computing is poised to upend industries from finance, telecommunications and cyber security, to advanced manufacturing, medicine and ...
- Global Enterprise Quantum Computing Market 2019 Study Of Key Players – QRA Corp, Google ... February 21, 2020Global Enterprise Quantum Computing Market Research Report 2019 overview: The market report on the Global Enterprise Quantum Computing ...
- Quantum Computing Market 2020 Company Profiles, Trends by Types and Application, Operating ... February 21, 2020New Jersey, United States, This report looks at the global market Quantum Computing Status and future trends, focusing on the global market major ...
- Global Spin Filters Market 2020 Industry scenario By Players – Advanced MicroSensors ... February 21, 2020Market size by applications: Data Storage, Electric Vehicles, Industrial Motors, Semiconductor Lasers, Microwave Devices, Quantum Computing, Other.
- Investing: Getting the best of both worlds February 21, 2020“If you produce good chips, you will win in artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things and quantum computing, just to name a few. SMIC will get that ...
- Technology jobs fall by half in six months February 21, 2020Glasgow is living up to its position as one of the government's quantum computing hotspots, with the fourth largest pool of professionals in the field.
- Physicists just 'held' an individual atom for the first time February 20, 2020It's engineering on a scale even tinier than the nano-scale, and it could have profound implications for the science of quantum computing. "Research ...
- In 'Whistleblower,' Susan Fowler reveals the toll of speaking out against Uber February 20, 2020Now 28, she has a 2-year-old daughter with husband Chad Rigetti, the founder of a quantum computing company. Fowler works from her home in the ...
- The Future of Crypto: The Latest Cryptography Advances Set to Change Blockchain February 20, 2020This kind of cryptography focuses on ensuring that data can still be encrypted and safe from prying eyes once quantum computing reaches maturity.
- 17 Women in Tech Who Are Transforming the Industry February 20, 2020... she's gone from transitioning clients from mainframe computing to Windows to focusing on how her clients can use AI and quantum computing.
- Optoelectronic Superstructure Could Be Applied in Neuromorphic Computing February 20, 2020The researchers grew perovskite quantum dots (PQDs) directly on 2D, ... developed are highly relevant for brain-inspired, neuromorphic computing.”
- How to Innovate While Overcoming Budget Challenges February 20, 2020... and development spending in its fiscal 2021 budget, despite a clear focus on 5G wireless networks, artificial intelligence and quantum computing.
- Particle beam could help map Earth's magnetic field to understand how space weather impacts the ... February 20, 2020Using codes on PPPL computers, the scientists also confirmed that the ... that would make advanced quantum computing and spintronics possible.
- Physicists grab individual atoms in ground-breaking experiment February 20, 2020In a first for quantum physics, University of Otago researchers have "held" individual atoms in place and observed previously unseen complex atomic ...
- Intrinsic quantized anomalous Hall effect in a moiré heterostructure February 20, 2020Quantum anomalous Hall effect—the appearance of quantized Hall ... and topological quantum computing (3), have motivated considerable efforts to ...
- Quantum Computing Technologies Market to Witness Promising Growth Opportunities during ... February 20, 2020Quantum Computing Technologies Market 2020 Global Industry research report studies latest Quantum Computing Technologies industry aspects ...
- 10000 times faster calculations of many-body quantum dynamics possible February 20, 2020However, to date this method is very computer-intensive: in order to predict the development of the quantum system over a ten times longer period, ...
- 10,000 times faster calculations of many-body quantum dynamics possible February 20, 2020How an electron behaves in an atom, or how it moves in a solid, can be predicted precisely with the equations of quantum mechanics. These theoretical calculations agree with the results from experiments. But complex quantum systems, which contain many electrons or elementary particles can currently not be described exactly. A team has now developed […]
- Intel/QuTech Provide Details of their Cryo-CMOS Chip at ISSCC February 19, 2020We had previously reported about efforts by Intel, Microsoft, and Google to develop cryo-CMOS quantum control chips to help minimize the tangle of cables that are needed in the current generation of quantum computers. Today, Intel and QuTech revealed additional details of their chip, code-named "Horse Ridge", at the International Solid State Circuits Conference (ISSCC). […]
- Consulting Services February 19, 2020Doug Finke has been involved with quantum computing since 2015 when the Quantum Computing Report was founded. Since then he has witnessed the substantial growth of the industry, attended many conferences and reported on and established relationships with many of the key individuals and organizations within the industry. He has perhaps the broadest knowledge of […]
- Topological materials outperform through quantum periodic motion February 18, 2020Scientists have discovered that applying vibrational motion in a periodic manner may be the key to preventing dissipations of the desired electron states that would make advanced quantum computing and spintronics possible.
- My video interview with Lex Fridman at MIT about philosophy and quantum computing February 18, 2020Here it is (about 90 minutes; I recommend the 1.5x speed) I had buried this as an addendum to my previous post on the quantum supremacy lecture tour, but then decided that a steely-eyed assessment of what’s likely to have more or less interest for this blog’s readers probably militated in favor of a separate […]
- Correcting the “jitters” in quantum devices February 18, 2020A new study suggests a path to more efficient error correction, which may help make quantum computers and sensors more practical.
- My “Quantum Supremacy: Skeptics Were Wrong” 2020 World Speaking Tour February 17, 2020(At a few people’s request, I’ve changed the title so that it no longer refers to a specific person. I try always to be accurate, amusing, and appropriate, but sometimes I only hit 1 or 2 of the 3.) As part of my speaking tour, in the last month I’ve already given talks at the […]
- My “Gil Kalai Was Wrong” 2020 World Speaking Tour February 17, 2020(An anonymous friend suggested the above title for what I’ve been doing all winter: traveling the world in response to various invitations to give talks about the theoretical foundations of quantum supremacy experiments, Google’s recent claimed achievement of quantum supremacy, and what it means for quantum computing’s future prospects. I wish to clarify that I […]
- QCR in the News February 15, 2020Over the past few years, major national and international media organizations have referenced information from the Quantum Computing Report. The attached list shows those places where major media has either provided a link to our website or included a quote from us. The Guardian, January 15, 2020 - 'How can we compete with Google?': the […]
- Some Teams Go For NISQ-y Business. Some are NISQ-Averse February 13, 2020When we first started the Quantum Computing Report in 2015 there were disagreements within the quantum community on whether a quantum computer would ever be able to do anything useful. Since then much progress has been made and there are only a handful of doubters left that believe we will never see a commercially viable […]
- White House National Quantum Coordination Office Releases “A Strategic Vision for America’s Quantum Networks” February 13, 2020The document's goal is to help focus America’s R&D efforts on advancing the development of foundations for the quantum internet. It establishes quantum information system community goals for quantum networking, and recommends six specific technical areas for focused research activity including: Technology and platform development for key components including classical sources, quantum-limited detectors, ultra-low loss […]
- Using sound and light to generate ultra-fast data transfer February 11, 2020Researchers have made a breakthrough in the control of terahertz quantum cascade lasers, which could lead to the transmission of data at the rate of 100 gigabits per second -- around one thousand times quicker than a fast Ethernet operating at 100 megabits a second.
- Artificial atoms create stable qubits for quantum computing February 11, 2020Quantum computing researchers have made improved qubits by exploiting concepts from high school chemistry.
- Supercomputers help link quantum entanglement to cold coffee January 31, 2020Theoretical physicists have found a deep link between one of the most striking features of quantum mechanics -- quantum entanglement -- and thermalization, which is the process in which something comes into thermal equilibrium with its surroundings.
- Contact January 30, 2020Contact the Quantum Computing Report: By Mail Quantum Computing Report 17602 17th Street Suite 102, Dept. 243 Tustin, CA 92780 USA By Email firstname.lastname@example.org For PR inquiries about the Quantum Computing Report, we are represented by HKA Marketing Communications: (714) 426-0444 or email@example.com
- 10 Tips for Quantum Tech Startups Seeking Funding January 30, 2020We often speak with quantum startup companies that are looking to raise funding as well as potential investors who are looking for good companies to invest in. Both are difficult jobs. In many cases, the management team of the startup may not have had any prior experience in raising investment funds and the investors find […]
- What a pair! Coupled quantum dots may offer a new way to store quantum information January 29, 2020Researchers have for the first time created and imaged a novel pair of quantum dots -- tiny islands of confined electric charge that act like interacting artificial atoms. Such ''coupled'' quantum dots could serve as a robust quantum bit, or qubit, the fundamental unit of information for a quantum computer.
- New research vets protocols for affordable, secure communication on optical networks January 29, 2020Wednesday, January 29, 2020 IQC researchers have developed a new tool for evaluating the security of a broad class of protocols that can take advantage of existing telecom infrastructure to deploy large quantum-secured communication networks in the near-future.
- A trapped-ion pair may help scale up quantum computers January 28, 2020Qubits made from strontium and calcium ions can be precisely controlled by technology that already exists.
- Moore’s Law For Qubits Revisited January 25, 2020Way back in 2016, we published an article titled Applying Moore's Law to Quantum Qubits. At that time IBM had recently introduced their 5 qubit Quantum Experience and D-Wave had their D-Wave 2X with 1048 qubits. We recently reviewed the chart and saw that although the 2016 prediction wasn't bad, it was a little overoptimistic. […]
List of sources
Quantum Computers News — ScienceDaily https://www.sciencedaily.com/rss/…/quantum_computers.xml
MIT News – Quantum computing https://news.mit.edu/rss/topic/quantum-computing
Institute for Quantum Computing https://uwaterloo.ca/…/news.xml
quantum computing – News http://news.fnal.gov/tag/quantum-computing/feed/
Quantum Computing Report https://quantumcomputingreport.com/feed/
- Scott Aaronson https://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?feed=rss2
- Quantum World Association https://medium.com/feed/@quantum_wa